STORIES & TESTIMONIALS
- Mark, Joanna & Hannah BriedenhannPast membersWe decided on CrossFit Jozi East as it ticked a lot of our requirements – close to home, classes that worked with our schedules, a kids program, and the response time to our initial enquiry. After meeting with Carl for our introduction and seeing how the box is run as well as how the GroundWork program ensures that you are safe in all your movements sealed the deal for us.
- Jane MackinnonMember since August 2012Luckily I’ve always been fairly fit (for what?!) and healthy so no huge before and after story. But my improved upper body strength is great – no problem with grocery bags or holiday suitcases. And a biggie for me – last year I ran my fastest half marathon IN 30 YEARS!!! Sub-2 hours whoop whoop! And that’s with more CrossFit and less running! (Sounds slow but I’m past my prime haha).
- Dylan CorreiaMember since August 2016In August 2016 I took the plunge, went for the interview, was really amazed at the professionalism and quality of educated staff - I felt welcome immediately. I started with the 1 month intro classes with the amazing, caring and passionate Tia McDougall. The belief that she instilled in me laid the foundation that still drives me every class. I currently do Mondays and Wednesday 18:30 classes with the power couple coaches Lynda and Cobus McCabe. They keep it fun and challenging and constantly push me to be the best I can be but still keeping me in the best text book form that CrossFit Jozi standards expect. I also finish the week with the cardio killer Zak in the G.I. Jozi class on Thursdays - always something exciting to look forward to.
- Leander van TonderMember since August 2014The obvious changes to my body definitely included an increase in muscle mass together with a decrease in body fat. The not-so-obvious changes (and the more important changes) were decreases in my blood pressure, stress levels and blood sugar levels.
- Giancarlo CarrozzoMember since November 2012My life has turned around since joining CrossFit Jozi! I am NEVER sick, I am hardly ever tired, always happy and always HUNGRY! My body composition has changed dramatically. But the biggest thing for me is the mental fortitude and rigidity that CrossFit has helped me build within myself. I know that it doesn’t matter how terrible my day was, the workout will always kick my ass harder, and once you finish that last rep, there is simply nothing that can replace that feeling of accomplishment.
- Jessica SchultzPast memberYour coaches are on another level - the way you go through movements every single class to refresh and perfect our lifts is something that really made me feel safe and confident during each class. The fact that you had two coaches each session made me feel I got the attention I needed. I want to commended CrossFit Jozi as being an anomaly that goes above and beyond even the best CrossFit boxes in the world!!
If you are interested in joining our gyms, your first step is to book a FREE 20 minute intro consult. We would like to meet you, discuss your goals and give you a tour.